Have you ever wanted something so bad, that you just are itching for it to happen? I have. It has been a long journey, but I have made it. I am going to begin my first year as a teacher in about 20 days. I am nervous, scared, excited, and ready for an adventure. I have just began to blog, but I have found many key tools to help me through getting my classroom ready. The best advice I have is listed below:
1. Ask for help. I have found that is I am stuck on a lesson, or just confused in general I always ask my colleagues for help!!!!
2. Remember that teaching is hard. Classroom management, lunch time, bus duty, washing hands, bathroom breaks, and many other activities have to be added into the daily schedule. None of these are in a handbook for you to learn, but you have to find the fit that is right for you. All of these daily routines are just the beginnings of teaching children healthy skills for the home life, others do not see as necessary.
3. Don't compare yourself to others. Teaching is from the heart and not from a book. You are your own individual, so SHINE BRIGHT in your classroom for your students!
4. Don't beat yourself up if things don't go as planned. Yes, children will laugh at you, and you will mess up. OOPS, go with it as if it was always planned that way.
5. Be flexible. Your classroom is ever- changing. Go with it.

No comments:
Post a Comment